MCTS – Windows 2008 Network Infrastructure
Want to take your IT career to the next level? Do you have a keen interest in Microsoft’s Active Directory and want to become the specialist in your company? Then this is the short course for you. The purpose of this short course is to provide the student with the necessary skills and knowledge to configure, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2008 active directory. Students will apply the knowledge to practical examples of configuration, managing and maintaining the active directory. Students will also be provided with the necessary skills and knowledge to configure and troubleshoot a Windows network infrastructure. Students will apply this knowledge to practical examples of configuring and troubleshooting a Windows network infrastructure.
Course duration: 19 weeks Saturday mornings.
Face to face
The programme fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property of the student. This material is a valuable source of ongoing reference.
The programme assessment includes two practical assignments, two tests and formal written examination at the end of the programme. Students may then go on to write the Microsoft examination 70-642.
SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMMES
All programmes offered by College Campus’s School of Business and Technology are short learning programmes (SLPs) specifically designed for working adults. SLPs differ from the full qualifications which are also available through College Campus and which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework. Before registering, you should ensure that the programme you’ve selected best suits your individual learning and career objectives.
DOWNLOADSFull Factsheet PDFFee ScheduleStart DatesContract
- Individuals who would like to work or are currently in the IT field and would like to gain knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Individuals who would like to advance their IT careers and become network administrators.
- Students who wish to write the Microsoft 70-642 certification examination.
The Windows 2008 Network Infrastructure programme is a bundle of two short learning programmes, certified by The Independent Institute of Education (IIE). On successful completion and after gaining some practical experience students can register to write the Microsoft Certification examination 70-642 and become a Microsoft certified specialist in this subject.
This programme consists of two short learning programmes namely, (1) Configuration and Troubleshooting a Windows Network Infrastructure and (2) Configuring, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server. The content of both is necessary in preparing for the Microsoft examination and will cover the following content:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot servers.
- Configure and Troubleshoot security in the setup of servers.
- Configure and Manage storage and file systems with relation to servers.
- Monitor, maintain and manage server backup and restoration using different tools and tasks in Windows
- Implement Active Directory Domain services
- Implement group policy in a Windows Environment.
- Share resources without endangering the security of the network.
- Implement policies.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.