MCTS – Active Directory Domain Service
This Short Learning Programme bundle will provide students with the knowledge necessary to install configure and troubleshoot Windows Server Active Directory Domain. Students will apply this knowledge to practical examples of installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server Active Directory Domain. Students will also be provided with the necessary skills and knowledge to configure and troubleshoot identity and access solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory. Student will apply the access solution knowledge to practical examples of configuring and troubleshooting identity and access solutions.
Course duration: 19 weeks over Saturday mornings.
Face to face
The programme fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property of the student. This material is a valuable source of ongoing reference.
The programme assessment includes two practical assignments, two tests and formal written examination at the end of the programme. Students may then go on to write the Microsoft examination 70-640.
DOWNLOADSFull Factsheet PDFFee ScheduleStart DatesContract
- Information Technology industry related, include, students wishing to further their knowledge on Microsoft Windows Server.
- Students in positions where they want to advance their IT careers into Network Administration.
- Students wishing to write the 70-640 certification examinations.
The Active Directory Domain Services is a Bundle of two short learning programmes (SLPs), certified by the Independent Institute of Education (IIE). On successful completion and after gaining some practical experience students can register to write the Microsoft Certification examination 70-640 in order for them to certify with Microsoft.
All programmes offered by College Campus’s School of Business and Technology are short learning programmes (SLPs) specifically designed for working adults. SLPs differ from the full qualifications which are also available through College Campus and which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework. Before registering, you should ensure that the programme you’ve selected best suits your individual learning and career objectives.
This programme consists of two short learning programmes namely: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server Active Directory and Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Management. The content of both SLPs is necessary in preparing for the Microsoft exam and will typically cover the following content:
- Install, deploy and configure Active Directory services, roles, integrated zones and objects.
- Manage and troubleshoot Active Directory.
- Use group policy to manage and troubleshoot group policy applications and settings.
- Backup, restore and troubleshoot the Active Directory Domain Service.
- Identity and Access management installation.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.